Whether you’re looking for a side dish, a snack, or even a healthier alternative to French fries, air fryer sweet potato cubes are a versatile option. You can season them with your favorite spices, herbs, or even a hint of sweetness to create a flavor profile that suits your taste buds. With just a few simple steps, you can enjoy a delicious and nutritious treat that will leave you craving more.
So, grab your air fryer, some fresh sweet potatoes, and get ready to embark on a culinary adventure with these delectable air fryer sweet potatoes cubes. Prepare to indulge in a guilt-free delight that will satisfy your cravings while keeping you on track with your healthy lifestyle.
Get ready to experience a burst of flavor, a satisfying crunch, and the joy of cooking with ease. Let’s dive into the world of air frying and enjoy every crispy, delicious bite!
Why You’ll Love This Air Fryer Sweet Potato Cubes?
There are several reasons why you might love air fryer sweet potato cubes:
1. Healthier Cooking Option:
Air frying sweet potato cubes are a healthier alternative to deep frying. The air fryer uses hot air circulation to cook the potatoes, requiring little to no oil. This results in crispy and delicious sweet potato cubes with significantly less fat compared to traditional deep frying.
2. Quick And Convenient:
Air fryers are known for their speed and efficiency. Sweet potato cubes can be cooked in the air fryer within a short time, typically around 15-20 minutes. This makes it a convenient option for busy individuals or those looking for a quick and hassle-free cooking method.
3. Crispy Exterior And Soft Interior:
Air fry sweet potato cubes give them a satisfyingly crispy exterior while keeping the inside tender and soft. This combination of textures enhances the overall eating experience and makes for a delightful snack or side dish.
Sweet potato cubes prepared in an air fryer can be seasoned with a variety of herbs, spices, or flavorings to suit your taste preferences. Whether you prefer them savory with garlic and herbs or sweet with cinnamon and brown sugar, the air fryer allows you to experiment with different flavors and create a wide range of delicious dishes.
5. Nutritional Benefits:
Sweet potatoes are packed with essential nutrients like vitamins A and C, fiber, and potassium. By air frying the sweet potato cubes instead of deep frying, you retain more of these nutrients, making it a healthier option for incorporating this nutritious vegetable into your diet.
How To Make Air Fryer Sweet Potato Cubes?
Making air fryer sweet potato cubes is a simple and delicious way to enjoy this nutritious vegetable. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to make them:
- 2 medium-sized sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (optional)
- 1st Step: Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (200°C) for about 5 minutes.
- 2nd Step: Wash the sweet potatoes thoroughly and peel them if desired. Cut them into uniform cubes, approximately 1/2 inch to 1 inch in size. Ensuring uniformity in size will help them cook evenly.
- 3rd Step: Place the sweet potato cubes in a mixing bowl. Drizzle them with olive oil and sprinkle the salt and any optional seasonings, such as garlic powder, paprika, or black pepper. Toss the cubes gently to ensure they are evenly coated with the oil and seasonings.
- 4th Step: Open the air fryer basket and carefully arrange the sweet potato cubes in a single layer. Avoid overcrowding the basket, as this may result in uneven cooking.
- 5th Step: Insert the basket back into the air fryer and cook the sweet potato cubes at 400°F (200°C) for about 15 to 20 minutes. Check them halfway through and shake the basket gently to ensure even cooking.
- 6th Step: After the cooking time is complete, check the sweet potato cubes for doneness. They should be golden brown and crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. If they require further cooking, you can continue air frying them for a few more minutes.
- 7th Step: Once the sweet potato cubes are cooked to your desired level of crispiness, carefully remove them from the air fryer basket using tongs or a spatula.
Serve the air fryer sweet potato cubes immediately as a side dish or as a snack. You can enjoy them on their own or with your favorite dipping sauce.
Remember that Cooking times may vary depending on the size of your sweet potato cubes and the specific model of your air fryer.
The ideal side dish for any meal is roasted sweet potatoes.
Give the cubes of warm sweet potato a:
- Pinch of salt
- additional black pepper for a more robust flavor
- such as parsley or onion, are freshly cut herbs.
These sweet potato cubes can be added to a salad, such as a quinoa spinach salad, or served as a side dish or light meal.
If you’re air frying a lot of food or your basket can’t hold them all in one layer at once, I suggest:
- Set the oven’s temperature to 300 °F (150 °C).
- putting the air-fried cubes in a baking dish suitable for the oven.
- until the final cubes are air-fried, leaving them in the oven.
Sauce For Serving:
Cubes of sweet potato are excellent dipped in the following sauces
- Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Cucumber Dip
- Tomato Sauce
To ensure the optimal storage of your air fryer sweet potato cubes, please follow these instructions:
- Allow the sweet potato cubes to cool completely before storing them. This will help prevent moisture buildup and maintain their texture.
- Transfer the cubes to an airtight container or a resealable plastic bag. Make sure the container or bag is clean and dry.
- Place the container or bag in the refrigerator. Sweet potato cubes can be refrigerated for up to 3-4 days.
- If you want to store them for a longer period, you can freeze the sweet potato cubes. First, arrange them in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Freeze them for a few hours until they are firm.
- Once the sweet potato cubes are frozen, transfer them to a freezer-safe container or bag. Label the container with the date for easy reference.
- Sweet potato cubes can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to use them, simply thaw the desired amount in the refrigerator overnight before reheating.
- When reheating the sweet potato cubes, you can use your air fryer again for the best results. Preheat the air fryer and cook the cubes at the desired temperature for a few minutes until they are heated through and crispy.
However, these crispy and somewhat sweet Air Fryer Sweet Potato Cubes are ideal as a side dish or light supper. Additionally, since the air fryer uses less oil, the sweet potato cubes are healthier for you.
Q. Can I Make Sweet Potato Fries In An Air Fryer Using This Recipe?
Yes, but cut the sweet potatoes into the shape of fries and make sure they don’t overlap in the basket or they won’t get as crispy.
Q. Must I Preheat The Air Fryer?
I never pre-heat mine; instead, I like adding vegetables to a cool basket so I won’t burn myself.
As opposed to an oven, an air fryer achieves its preset temperature rather quickly, therefore preheating has little to no effect on how long food will air fry.
Q. Can I Use Parchment Paper To Protect The Basket?
The sweet potato cubes won’t crisp up well if you use parchment paper in the air fryer for this recipe, therefore I won’t suggest it.
Q. Do The Cubes Have A Good Bite?
Due to their lower carbohydrate content, orange sweet potatoes never crisp as much as potatoes do. However, they have a decent crisp when served immediately after air frying, higher than roasted sweet potato cubes.